The Biomedical Research and Innovation Institute of Cadiz (INiBICA) was created after the Collaboration Agreement signed on December 2, 2016 between the Departments of Health and Economy and Knowledge of the Junta de Andalucía, the Andalusian Health Service, the University of Cádiz and the Foundation for the Management of Biomedical Research of Cádiz.
INiBICA integrates the health centers of the Andalusian Public Health System (SSPA) in the province of Cádiz, both Primary and Hospital Care, and the University of Cádiz; providing provincial coverage through a multi-institutional and interdisciplinary collaborative structure, in which basic, clinical and public health research is developed and integrated, with a clear translational focus, to improve the health of citizens.
INiBICA’s vision is to be a leading centre for biomedical researches, generating knowledge and judgement in the different interdisciplinary fields covered by the Institute in order to help improve human health in all its aspects.
INiBICA is strongly committed to developing “high quality, global, multidisciplinary and integrated lines of biomedical research, by means of the collaboration between researchers and basic and clinical teams who work close to the reality of care and clinical settings, using a problem-solving approach”.
INiBICA’s mission is to design, develop and transfer to society the appropriate technical and conceptual tools to solve the main biomedical problems demanded by society in general.
The Institute constitutes a specialized offer of scientific-technological services, which offers solutions to the needs of society in health, with a vocation to extend its service to the national and international community, and that allows, from the development of its activity, to modify the productive model of the province of Cádiz through the creation of companies related to biomedicine or by attracting existing companies.
1. Encourage quality research (R+D+i).
2. Generate synergies and integrated analyzes in the different areas of INiBICA – preclinical, clinical and epidemiological – with special consideration for the health problems of the province of Cádiz and the marine products generated in its area and related to health.
3. Attract talent that favors the achievement of the objectives set and that contributes to its internationalization.
4. Project the capabilities and usefulness of INiBICA through specialized training activities.
5. Attract or create companies related to biomedical research that can contribute to changing the productive model of the province of Cádiz.
6. Advise public administrations and companies that request it on those problems that are the objectives of the different lines of research of INiBICA, having as its central axis the improvement in public and individual health, as well as the conservation and quality of ecosystems.