The Central Animal Experimentation and Production Service (SEPA) is located on the fourth floor of the “Andrés Segovia” building.
Access is controlled by electronic card holder, and our facilities are made up of four different areas:
- Facilities with animals:
- Production and quarantine area (cream).
- Experimental area (pink).
- Facilities without animals:
- Cleaning, machinery and storage area (green).
- Administrative area, toilets and distribution (blue).
Access to animal areas is strictly restricted to people who work in the Service and to those accredited to carry out their research work at our facilities.
In these facilities we breed and/or maintain the animals necessary for the research groups, which work mainly in the biomedical area, and we send the requested animals to other Animal Centers for research and other scientific purposes.