The Biobank Unit belonging to the Biomedical Research and Innovation Institute of Cadiz (INiBICA) is a research support platform whose mission is to act as a link between medical collectors, researchers and patients who donate biological samples for biomedical research purposes, making sure that this interaction takes place under the current legal provisions and with due ethical guarantees.
INiBICA's Biobank is framed within the Andalusian Public Health System (SSPA) Biobank, an initiative of the Department for Equality and Social Well-being of the Junta de Andalucia; which, in turn, forms part of the National Biobank Network Platform. Moreover, INiBICA's Biobank is authorized to operate for the purposes of biomedical research and the treatment of human biological samples, with registration number B.0000505 in the National Biobank Register (ISCIII), in accordance with the provisions of RD 1716/2011. Please note the registration number is that ofthe University Hospital Puerta del Mar.Currently the centres that actively make up the INiBICA's Biobank in the province of Cadiz are as follows:
- HUPM, Puerta del Mar University Hospital (central office)
- HUPR, Puerto Real University Hospital
- HJerez, Jerez de la Frontera University Hospital
- CTTC, Centre for Transfusion, Tissues and Cells of the province of Cadiz
- HLínea, La Línea de la Concepción Hospital
The human resources dedicated to the INiBICA's Biobank Research Area are:
- A specialist senior technician (Biotechnologist) in the HUPM node
- A specialist technician in the HUPR node
The offering of our services portfolio is structured in 4 large blocks:
The equipment available to INiBICA's Biobank for the performance of its functions is as follows:
- Fast freezing systems (CB-60 Neslab Cryobath)
- 2 chest freezers -80ºC with CO2 bullet and telephone
- alarm system
- 1 microtome
- 1 light microscope
- carving table
- Extraction cabinet (laminar flow)
- Tissue Processor (3)
- Sample management:
- Zebra brand barcode reader and model DS2278, with serial number 18341523402818 and with number in the catalog of approved goods of the Junta de Andalucía LCB 18/6/0047967.
- HP brand laptop and Probook 440 G5 model, with serial number 5CD8521SSF and with number in the catalog of approved goods of the Junta de Andalucía POR – 18/6/0048090.
- TALLY brand label printer and model DL-200, with serial number 914017130016 and number in the catalog of approved goods of the Junta de Andalucía
- Datacard brand card printer and model SD160, with serial number L19725.