IN30: Biomarkers of oxidative and nitrosative imbalance
This group is specialized in the determination and evaluation of oxidative and nitrosative stress, with special emphasis on mitochondrial dysfunction. The works have been applied to the study of aging, physical exercise, neurodegenerative diseases, such as Lewy body dementia and Parkinson's disease, as well as colon cancer. Likewise, work has been done on tumor biomarkers in peripheral blood and in biological fluids, mainly pleural fluid.
- Oxidative and nitrosative imbalance.
- Mitochondrial dysfunction.
- Special analysis and evaluation of mitochondrial respiration and its relationship with the production of reactive oxygen and nitrogen species.
- Principal Investigators:
- María Jesús Sánchez del Pino (PI).
- Manuel Jesús Bández Ruiz.
- Technical Support Staff:
- Ángel María García López (Technician).
- Authors: Laura Valdez; Tamara Zaobornyj; Manuel J. Bández; Jose María López-Cepero; Alberto Boveris; Ana Navarro. Title: Complex I syndrome in striatum and frontal cortex in a rat model of Parkinson disease. Journal: Free Radical Biology & Medicine. Year, volume, first and last pages: 2019, 135: 274-282. Impact factor: 5,657 (2018). Quartile/Decile: Q1.
- Authors: Santotoribio, JD; Alnayef-Hamwie, H; Batalha-Caetano, P; Pérez-Ramos, S; Sánchez del Pino, MJ. Title: Evaluation of Pleural Fluid Lactate for Diagnosis and Management of Parapneumonic Pleural Effusion. Journal: Clinical Laboratory. Year, volume, first and last pages : 2016; 62(9):1683-1687. Impact factor:. Quartile/Decile:.
- Authors: Santotoribio JD, Garcia-de la Torre A, Cañavate-Solano C, Arce-Matute F, Sanchez-del Pino MJ, Perez-Ramos S. Title: Cancer antigens 19.9 and 125 as tumor markers in patients with mucinous ovarian tumors. Journal: Eur J Gynaecol Oncol. Year, volume, first and last pages: 2016; 37(1):26-29. Impact factor:. Quartile/Decile:.
- Authors: Jose Diego Santotoribio; Consuelo Cañavate Solano; Angela García de la Torre; Francisco Arce Matute; Juan Cuadros Muñoz; Maria J Sánchez del Pino; Manuel Bández Ruiz; Carmen Piñuela Rojas; Santiago Pérez Ramos. Title: Homocysteine: new tumor marker in pleural fluid. Journal: Tumor Biology. Year, volume, first and last pages: 2015; 36 (10):7941-7945. Impact factor: 2,926. Quartile/Decile: Q2.