The Governing Council is composed of:
- Three representatives of the Department of Health of the Junta de Andalucía.
- Three representatives of the Department of Economy and Knowledge of the Junta de Andalucía.
- Three representatives of the University of Cadiz.
- To approve INiBICA's overall scientific policy.
- To define and approve the Multiannual Strategic Plan.
- To supervise, assess and approve the Annual Contract-Program of Scientific-Technical Activities based on the Multiannual Strategic Plan.
- To approve the annual budget of INiBICA.
- To approve the annual report.
- To agree on the appointment and dismissal of people holding a management and executive position.
- To appoint and remove heads of departments at the proposal of the Management.
- To appoint and remove members of the External Advisory Scientific Committee.
- To assess the performance of the Executive and General Management.
- To set the rules and criteria for the admission and retention of research staff and Research Groups in INiBICA, as well as to approve their assignment/unassignment and the criteria for their annual/multiannual assessment.
- To appoint and remove the principal investigator for the Research Groups.
- To ensure that, on equal levels of excellence, a balanced integration of Research Groups from all parties is encouraged.
- To approve INiBICA's Internal Regulations.
- To approve the creation, deletion or renaming of areas, departments and units.
- To determine the proportion in which any sales of patent exploitation rights generated by INiBICA should contribute to the payment of INiBICA's operating costs.
- To determine the percentage that must be contributed as indirect costs for R&D&I activities carried out at INiBICA.
- To approve the service portfolio and the pricing for the common support units.
- To approve criteria for the allocation and maintenance of scientific spaces for the Research Groups.
- To approve the adhesion to the Agreement of new entities at the initiative of the General Management or the institutions that make up the Governing Council.
- To act as the Settlement Committee.
- To issue assessment reports on the development of the Agreement and to renew the Agreement.
- Any other function granted by this Agreement, INiBICA's Internal Regulations and any applicable legislation.
INiBICA, without prejudice to other advisory bodies that may be created, will have an External Scientific Committee. According to the provisions included in the Collaboration Agreement, the members of the External Scientific Committee will be appointed by the Governing Council on the proposal of the Scientific Director after hearing the Scientific Council. The tasks to be carried out are the following:
External Scientific Committee
- To advise the Governing Council, the Scientific Director and the Scientific Council on issues related to the assessment of the Research Groups, the functioning of INiBICA, the Scientific Areas and, in general, on any scientific policies to be developed in accordance with INiBICA's Scientific Project and Strategic Plan.
- To submit a (non-binding) report to the Governing Council on an annual basis, which will cover the scientific activity of INiBICA's Programs, suggesting any relevant changes with regards to its functioning and research areas, as well as its Scientific Project.
- To submit a report to the Governing Council at least on a triennial basis, which will cover the scientific activity of INiBICA's researchers, suggesting any relevant changes with regards to its functioning, its staff, the facilities and infrastructures, its funding and research areas, including its Scientific Project.
The Internal Scientific Committee is an advisory body that assists the Scientific Director in the execution of its competences. The Internal Scientific Committee is composed of:
Internal Scientific Committee
- INiBICA's Scientific Director, acting as the chairman.
- INiBICA's Deputy Scientific Directors.
- INiBICA's General Manager, acting as the secretary.
- Coordinators of Scientific Programs.
- Principal investigators of consolidated groups.
- Three representatives of emerging researchers.
- Two representatives of all researchers belonging to associated groups.
- A representative of the Management Team of the Public Hospitals of the province of Cadiz appointed by the Managing Director.