1.a. Objective of the aid:
This action is aimed at financing Projects research and innovation presented by INiBICA research personnel belonging to consolidated or emerging groups, acting as principal investigators of the application.
Associated groups may always participate in collaboration with a consolidated or emerging group.
The Principal Investigators (hereinafter PIs) of the project undertake to apply for a project of the national plan (Ministry or ISCIII) in the call immediately after the end of the project. Failure to comply with this commitment will make it impossible for the Principal Investigator (hereinafter, PI) to access any of the Lines of Action of the following call of the own plan.
The multidisciplinary nature of the researcher Team will be encouraged, understanding as such the collaboration between different basic and clinical research specialties.
1.b. Amount of the aid and term of execution:
The total budget earmarked for this action is €180,000 and the maximum amount to be allocated per project will be €20,000 spread over a period of 24 months, with a maximum 6-month extension of the project execution period, subject to prior authorization by INiBICA.
50% of the amount granted will be disbursed to the beneficiaries at the beginning of the project execution period. Once half of the execution period has elapsed, an intermediate follow-up will be carried out, the favorable evaluation of which will be essential for the payment of the remaining 50% of the financing.
The maximum number of Projects to be financed per INiBICA program will be three, unless there is a remainder.
1.c. Form and deadline for submission of applications:
Applications must be submitted by the PI of the project. The Projects will be submitted with one or two principal investigators (PI and Co-PI), necessarily belonging to the INiBICA groups. Only one application per INiBICA group can be submitted.
Associated groups may only apply as Co-PIs in collaboration with a consolidated group.
The PI can only be in a single application, and a collaborating researcher can be in up to 2 Projects with shared dedication.
The deadline for submitting applications is May 21. Applications should be submitted by E-mail to the address email@example.com, until 23:59h on the day of the deadline.
The Documentation to be submitted with the application is as follows:
- Model report Annex I.
- CVA (FECYT Model) of the PI and the members of Team researcher.
- Request for approval from the relevant ethics committee.
1.d. Requirements for emerging researchers:
Those PIs belonging to consolidated or emerging groups that meet the following requirements will be considered as emerging:
- Not to have led, up to the date of submission of applications, any research project in national or international public competitive calls.
- To have obtained the Title of Doctor or Doctorate, or the official Title of specialist in health sciences after 2005.
- Have a minimum scientific production of 3 Publications (articles and reviews) in the last 5 years as first or last author, or as corresponding author, in journals indexed in the Journal Citation Report (JCR) and positioned in quartiles 1 and 2, according to the JCR of the year of publication.
When counting the years of scientific production and the date of obtaining the doctorate and/or specialty, the following will be taken into account as non-working days: accredited interruptions due to the following reasons: rest periods derived from maternity or paternity enjoyed in accordance with the protected situations included in the General Social Security Regime (an extension of 1 year will be applied for each child); serious illness or accident of the applicant, with medical leave equal to or greater than 3 months (an extension equal to the period of justified leave will be applied, rounded up to full months); care for dependent persons, in accordance with the provisions of Law 39/2006, of December 14, 2006, on the Promotion of Personal Autonomy and Care for Dependent Persons, for a minimum period of 3 months (an extension equal to the justified period, rounded up to full months, will be applied).
1.e. Eligible items:
The aid granted will be used to cover the following expenses:
- Goods and services: scientific research material, consumables, bibliographic material and external services.
- Travel, lodging and meals according to the maximum amounts of compensation for reasons of service established in Decree 54/1989, of March 21, 1989, on compensation for reasons of service of the Junta de Andalucía, exclusively for persons who are part of the research Team . Exceptionally, any expenditure outside these amounts, or for persons other than the Team, must be authorized by the granting body.
- Expenses for the hiring of technical or research personnel necessary to carry out the project.
- Other expenses duly justified and necessary for the realization of the project, such as inscriptions to congresses or conferences for the presentation and dissemination of the results.
Representation and protocol expenses are excluded.
1.f. Evaluation of applications:
The Evaluation Commission appointed for this purpose will ensure compliance with the necessary requirements for this call. This evaluation committee will be completely external and outside INiBICA.
Applications will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Scientific quality and technical and economic feasibility of the proposal. Up to a maximum of 50 points. The project must have a minimum of 30 points in this section in order to be financed.
- Team research. Maximum 40 points:
- CV of the PI(s). Assessment of the Composition and experience of the Team to carry out the project: It will have a maximum score of 20 points and must have a minimum of 10 points in this criterion to be funded.
- If the PI or Co-PI belongs to an emerging group, it will have an additional score of 5 points.
- If the PI or Co-PI meets the definition of emerging detailed in point 1.d, it will have an additional score of 5 points.
- The Projects that present inter-level collaboration between consolidated, emerging or associated groups, will obtain 5 additional points.
- The Projects submitted in collaboration between a clinical care PI and a PI from any other discipline will obtain an additional score of 5 points.
- Impact and expected results, Publications in Q1, Patents, etc. Up to a maximum of 10 points. A minimum of 3 points is required in this section to be eligible for funding. funded.
1.g. Monitoring and justification of the aid:
After 12 months of the project execution period, an intermediate evaluation will be carried out, the favorable evaluation of which will be essential for the continuity of the aid. For this purpose, the beneficiaries will have to present a scientific-technical follow-up report with the activity carried out, objectives achieved and results obtained during this first period of the project.
The final report shall be submitted no later than 1 year after completion of the research project. In this case, the beneficiaries must submit the following Documentation:
- Scientific-technical report of the total activity carried out.
- Results and productivity indicators obtained in the project (Publications, Patents, clinical practice guidelines, concatenation of another project, etc.).
If an extension has been granted, the new schedule of activities, as well as the new objectives to be developed in that period, will have been submitted together with the request for authorization of the extension.
Failure to justify the aid in the terms described above will result in the reimbursement of the totality of the amounts received.
The principal investigators are obliged annually to justify economically the expenses incurred on the budget granted for the project, delivering to the FCÁDIZ the documents proving the expenses incurred (invoices, copy of contracts, proof of expenses, etc.).
1.h. Obligations of the beneficiaries:
For the final disposition of the funds, the PI must justify the approval of the corresponding ethics committees.
INiBICA may request and summon the interested parties to carry out such actions and monitoring of the activity as it may deem necessary, including face-to-face interviews with the beneficiaries. It will be mandatory to participate in the follow-up meetings, assuming the recommendations that are proposed.
The beneficiaries of these grants will be obliged to participate in the dissemination of their research activities and to mention INiBICA as the funding entity for these research activities. such research activities. The beneficiary and managing entity of the funds will be the FCÁDIZ.
The PIs of the project undertake to apply for a national plan project (Ministry or ISCIII) in the call for proposals immediately after the end of the project. The receipt of the request for submission of the said Projects must be submitted to INiBICA, as proof of compliance. Failure to comply with these commitments will make it impossible for the PI to access any of the Lines of Action of the following call of the national plan.
2.a. Objective of the aid:
Action oriented to the competitive call for pre-doctoral contracts for the training of doctors, under the pre-doctoral contract modality, of Research Staff in Training at the University of Cádiz, who wish to carry out a Doctoral Thesis associated with a line of joint research between clinical care researchers with researchers from any other discipline, helping to achieve Projects and the publication of results jointly.
The call is oriented towards the completion of the Doctoral Thesis, with the possibility of an additional year of postdoctoral studies, in the event that the Doctoral Thesis is defended in its third year.
2.b. Amount of the aid and term of execution:
194,000 for the last year in case the prerequisite is fulfilled (additional year of postdoctoral nature in case the Doctoral Thesis is defended in its third year); with this budget, the number of positions to be called will be 6 (total annual cost of contract 25,217€).
For those who obtain the Title doctoral degree in the third year of the contract, they would terminate the predoctoral researcher contract and sign a new one as a new doctoral researcher (with a total annual cost of the contract of approximately 32,283 euros).
Contracts will have a maximum duration of 4 years, starting from the date of incorporation of the contracted researcher to his/her job.
The renewal of the grant by INiBICA's Scientific Directorate will be subject to evaluation by the Commission appointed for this purpose, year by year, with a maximum period of no more than four years, with renewal conditional on the evaluation of the work carried out each year.
2.c. Applicant requirements:
Researchers responsible for the pre-doctoral researcher must meet the following requirements:
- At least one director of the thesis will be a clinician with an employment relationship with the Andalusian Health Service or the Regional Ministry of Health.
- At least one of the applicants must belong to a consolidated or emerging INiBICA group.
Pre-doctoral researchers must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must meet, within the deadline for submission of applications, the general requirements for access to doctoral studies contained in Article 11 of Regulation UCA/CG06/2012, of June 27, 2012, which regulates the organization of doctoral studies at the University of Cádiz.
- Nationality. There are no specific requirements as to nationality or residence of the applicants. However, the hiring of non-EU foreign researchers will be suspended until they obtain the visa authorizing them to work in accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 4/2000, on the rights and freedoms of foreigners in Spain and their social integration, after its reform by Organic Law 2/2009 of December 11 (BOE of 12.12.2009) and applicable regulations.
- Those who have begun their predoctoral training with funding from other grants for the same purpose, which have been awarded under the Program for the Promotion and Encouragement of Research and Transfer of the University of Cádiz 2016-2017, and those who are already in possession of the Title of Doctor by any Spanish or foreign university, are not eligible to apply for this action. Nor may applicants be those who have previously enjoyed a pre-doctoral contract for more than twelve months.
Compliance with the requirements to participate in this call for applications must always refer to the date of the deadline for submitting applications and must be maintained during the contracting period of the respective competition.
Only one application per research group may be requested.
2.d. Form and deadline for submission of applications:
Applications will be made by one of the directors of the Thesis. The deadline for submission of applications is June 30. Applications should be submitted by E-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, until 23:59h on the day of the deadline.
Applications shall be accompanied by the following Documentation:
- CVN (FECYT model) of the candidate.
- Responsible declaration of not being in possession of the Title of Doctor, by any Spanish or foreign University, as well as that all the data provided in the CV and in the application are real. The applicant must communicate to the examining body the possible alterations of the circumstances included in this declaration. The modification of the circumstances included in the declaration will result in the applicant's non-compliance with the participation requirements (Annex I).
- Declaration of not having received, prior to the submission of the application, a grant for pre-doctoral training under the terms of section 2.c) or, if applicable, a pre-doctoral contract for more than twelve months (Annex II).
- Academic certificate issued by the academic entity, corresponding to the qualifications held or the courses passed on the date of submission of the application, which allow access to the doctoral program. The certificate must include the grades obtained, and the dates on which they were obtained, corresponding to the subjects that make up the program of the degrees or teachings that are included. The application shall include the responsible statement that the degrees or studies referred to in the academic certificate are those passed at the time of the application. In the case of certificates issued by foreign centers, the maximum and minimum grades within the corresponding evaluation system and the minimum passing grade must also be stated. If the academic certification is issued in a language other than Spanish or English, it must be accompanied by the corresponding official translation into one of these two languages.
- Copy of valid passport, only in the case of foreign citizens not residing in Spanish territory.
- CVA (FECYT Model) of the director(s) of the Thesis.
- Candidate's report on the adequacy of the proposal (Annex III).
- Report of the scientific activity to be developed by the candidate and justification of the capacity to direct the thesis by the receiving group (Annex IV).
2.e. Evaluation of applications:
It will be carried out by a subcommittee appointed by the INiBICA training commission elected prior to the publication of the call, which will include its Composition.
Priority will be given to Projects multidisciplinary and presenting a clear collaboration between clinical care researchers and researchers belonging to INiBICA groups of any other discipline.
The evaluation of the applications will be carried out according to the following criteria and scales (more detailed in Annex V):
- Curricular merits of the candidate: 30% of the final score.
- Curricular merits of the receiving group/s, especially valuing their capacity to supervise doctoral theses: 60% of the final score.
- Evaluation of the work proposal: 10% of the final score.
The Evaluation Committee will ensure a balanced distribution among the different INiBICA programs.
Once the applications have been evaluated, the Evaluation Committee will make a pre-selection of the applicants of which the candidates must be informed, requiring them to submit, within a certain period depending on the doctoral program, a document justifying admission / pre-admission to the corresponding doctoral program. It will be the responsibility of the applicants to manage their admission, for which the candidate must comply with all the requirements established by the corresponding Doctoral Program, including the commitment of thesis direction.
In his/her application for admission to the Doctoral Program, the candidate must state and justify that he/she has been pre-selected for the award of a pre-doctoral contract. In any case, being admitted or pre-admitted to a doctoral program will be a prerequisite for the award of a place.
Once the established deadline has been met, the evaluation committee will make a proposal of selected candidates, which will be published together with a list of reserve candidates who may replace the beneficiaries in the event of their resignation or abandonment during the first 6 months of the contract.
2.f. Monitoring and justification of the aid:
A follow-up evaluation will be carried out annually to ensure the correct development of the activity. For this purpose, the beneficiaries must submit a report on the activities carried out and the results obtained.
During the first two years of activity the candidate must have carried out at least one stay in a foreign center with a minimum duration of 3 months. Failure to achieve this milestone without justifiable cause will result in non-renewal of funding.
In addition, after the first three years of support, the achievement of the following milestones will be evaluated for the renewal of an additional fourth year:
- To have defended the thesis, if it is the case; its continuity with a one-year contract as a recent postdoctoral researcher is evaluated. This criterion is inexcusable.
- 2 Publications first quartile in the first three years.
- That the doctorate meets the necessary criteria for "international mention".
2.g. Obligations of the beneficiaries:
- The contracted Research Staff in Training must prepare scientific-technical follow-up reports. A report at the end of each year of the contract, and a final report on the entire period of execution of the contract, using the models that will be sent from the Management area of Projects of INiBICA. In addition, together with the follow-up reports, the updated Curriculum Vitae of the researcher in training will be attached. The result of the evaluation of each annual report mentioned above will be decisive in maintaining the continuity of the contract funding.
- In the event that the contracted researcher obtains the Title of Doctor during the execution of the pre-doctoral contract, the presentation of the document accrediting the act of defense and approval of the Doctoral Thesis will replace the corresponding follow-up report or reports. In those cases in which the obtaining of the Title of Doctor takes place before the beginning of the last year of the contract, and a grant is authorized for the hiring of the newly doctorate researcher, a final report must be prepared regarding the period of execution of the postdoctoral grant. This report will include a description of what has been done (Publications, stays in other centers, attendance to congresses, etc.) and the evolution of the line of research followed by the contracted researcher.
- Incorporation. The incorporation will be within a maximum period of 3 months from the publication of the definitive lists of researchers selected for hiring; this period may be extended to 6 months with prior authorization and justification. In order to be hired, the candidate must be enrolled in a doctoral program.
- Publicity. The beneficiaries will state the nature of the financing of the subsidized activity, making express reference to the call and the granting body of the employment contracts, in the Doctoral Thesis, the Publications, papers, activities for the dissemination of results, and in any other action resulting from the contracts granted under this call.
3.a. Objective of the aid:
The objective of this line of action is to finance expenses corresponding to translation, editing and publication in Open Access journals indexed in Q1 (Journal Citation Report), according to the classification of the year of publication.
Articles already accepted, even if not yet published, will be considered by Publications , provided that a DOI (Digital Object Identifier) obtained in the period from May 1, 2018 to April 30, 2019 is available.
3.b. Amount of aid:
The total budget for this line is €15,000, with a maximum of €1,500 per application.
At least 50% of this amount will go to clinical Principal Investigators (PIs) with clinical activity.
3.c. Requirements of the beneficiaries:
Only those researchers who at the time of submission of applications do not have funding granted for this publication will be eligible for these grants. A responsible statement is attached.
Applicants must be researchers belonging to a consolidated or emerging INiBICA group.
In the event that there are external calls for the financing of these activities, it will be a requirement that the applicant undertakes to apply for the same.
The applicant must be first or last author, or corresponding author.
Only one grant per research group and per publication/D.O.I. may be awarded.
3.d. Form and deadline for submission of applications:
Call for proposals open until May 31, in case of availability of funds after the resolution of the call for proposals, this will remain open until the available funds are exhausted. Reimbursement or payment of the best proposals received, according to the criteria set forth in section 3.e., until the budget for this year is exhausted.
Applications shall be submitted by E-mail to the address email@example.com, with the following Documentation:
- Annex I Application Memorandum.
- Annex II Declaration signed by the PI of not having received funding for this activity.
If the invoice for the translation/publication/etc. has already been paid by the group, it will be given as a research allowance for the payment of any other research item (consumables/training/travel to congress/equipment purchase/other translation...).
3.e. Evaluation of applications:
The Evaluation Committee will evaluate the proposals received based on the following criteria:
- Position in quartile/decile.
- Journal impact factor.
- Publications with the participation of PIs belonging to different disciplines and including clinical PIs with healthcare activity.
- Publications with collaborations with international centers.
3.f. Justification of the aid:
Within a maximum period of 3 months from the execution of the aid, the following Documentation must be submitted:
- Proof of payment for the activity.
Failure to justify the aid in the terms described above will result in the reimbursement of the totality of the amounts received.
- For any questions regarding this call, please contact the manager of Projects assigned to your Research Group.
- The deadline for submitting applications is when funds run out.
- Applications with all their Documentation shall be submitted by E-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.a. Objective of the aid:
The objective of this line is to finance dissemination and training activities, such as travel for speakers, dissemination material, etc.
The selection of the activities to be financed will be conditioned by the number of attendees, scientific interest, quality, transversality and the search for other external financing.
Funding for activities to be carried out between July 1, 2019 and June 30, 2020.
4.b. Amount of aid:
The amount of these grants will be up to €400 per application, with a total budget of €4,000.
4.c. Applicant requirements:
Be a researcher belonging to a consolidated or emerging INiBICA group. You may not obtain more than one annual grant per group for this modality.
4.d. Form and deadline for submission of applications:
Applications shall be submitted by E-mail through the address email@example.com with the following Documentation:
- Annex I.
The call for applications will be open from May 15 through June 4. In the event of any remaining funds, the call for proposals will remain open until all available funds have been used up.
4.e. Evaluation of applications:
The Evaluation Committee appointed for this purpose will evaluate the applications submitted on the basis of the following criteria and scales:
- Quality and feasibility of the activity to be carried out in relation to INiBICA's strategic lines: Maximum 25 points.
- Number of INiBICA Groups interested in this activity: Maximum 25 points.
- Establishment of international collaborations or recruitment of high-level researchers: Maximum 25 points.
- Scientific nature and impact of the activity: Maximum 25 points.
4.f. Justification of the aid:
The justification of the aid will be made with the expenditure of the activity, which will have to be organized with the Economic Area of INiBICA.
- For any questions regarding this call, please contact the manager of Projects assigned to your Research Group.
- The deadline for submitting applications is when funds are exhausted.
- The applications with all its Documentation shall be submitted by E-mail to the address firstname.lastname@example.org, until 23:59h on the day of the deadline for submission.