The SCIBs of the University of Cadiz have a Radioactive Facility for research which was awarded by the Spanish Ministry of Economy on 20th January 2003 and authorised by the Spanish Nuclear Safety Council (CSN), which is in charge of performing inspections in such facility.
This facility has a permit for the use of radioisotopes (IRA 1120) so its use depends on the line of research that may be started. In all cases, researchers are required to adhere to the safety and radiation protection standards currently in force and remain under the surveillance of Facility Supervisors with the corresponding license.EQUIPMENT
- Surface radiation counter.
- Microplate counter: β.PerkinElmer.
- Automatic gamma counter 2470. PerkinElmer.
- FilterMate Harvester.
- Safety hood for volatile isotopes.
- Temporary waste storage and decay area.
- Uncooled benchtop centrifuge: IEC Centra-EC4.
- Small-sized thermostatic bath: Julabo 6.
- Vortex Thermolyne MaxiMix II.
- Stirrer: Heidolph RzR-2000.
- Virtis Tempest VirtiShear high-speed homogenizer Overhead mixer
- Ultrasonic cleaning bath: KM.
APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES
Performance of experimental works involving the use of radioactive isotopes.
- SC-IBM: firstname.lastname@example.org