The Proteomics Unit, belonging to the Central Biomedical Research Services of the University of Cádiz, offers analytical services to the scientific community of INiBICA and the University of Cádiz, but also to any researcher from other universities, hospitals and companies.
The Unit has two main lines: (i) a liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) platform for carrying out massive proteomic analyses, both qualitative and quantitative; and (ii) a mass spectrometry-based molecular imaging platform (MALDI Imaging) that provides information on the status of proteins, peptides, lipids, and metabolites directly on tissue sections.
As a support service for research activity, the Proteomics Unit provides personalized support for each project, which may include the stages before and after the analysis: experiment design, project review, bioinformatics analysis and biological interpretation of the data generated.
- Dr. Mª Carmen Durán Ruiz.
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- Q-TOF mass spectrometer with ion mobility: Tims-TOF Pro (Bruker).
- MALDI-TOF/TOF mass spectrometer: Autoflex Speed (Bruker).
- nanoHPLC: nanoElute (Bruker).
- Sprayer: HTX M3.
- Main programs used for data analysis: combination of search engines (Peaks, X!Tandem, MSGF+ and Comet), Peaks and Spectronaut for quantitative proteomics diaPASEF, Skyline for PRM-PASEF; SCILS for MALDI-Imaging, MBT Compass Library for MALDI Biotyper.
- Identification and characterization of proteins by nanoHPLC-MS/MS DDA-PASEF and database search.
- Specialized Applications:
- - Massive identification of proteins.
- - Identification of PTMs.
- - Metaproteomics.
- Quantitative proteomics:
- MALDI Imaging.
- MALDI Biotyper (identification of strains and species of microorganisms by MALDI-TOF).
- Review of proposals to calls for projects.
- Collaboration in research projects.
- Training in proteomics and bioinformatics tools.
- ↪ RATES
- Proteomics Unit.
- Central Research Services in Health Sciences.
- Edificio de Asuntos Generales, Universidad de Cádiz.
- C/ Doctor Marañón, 3, planta 3. 11002, Cádiz, España.