INiBICA has a methodological and statistical support service that is currently outsourced, but which provides its researchers with an interdisciplinary Team of biostatisticians, biologists, mathematicians and physicists, with extensive knowledge and experience in advanced statistical advice at any stage of a study and biomedical research:
- Optimal experimental design (sample size estimation, etc.).
- Revision and debugging of databases.
- Treatment and analysis of data using the most appropriate statistical methodology to provide a solution to each objective.
- Preparation of scientific and technical reports.
- Support in the interpretation of the results obtained.
Similarly, this methodological advisory service supports INiBICA researchers in providing more competitiveness to their reports of Projects R+D+i to be submitted in regional and national calls. Especially in the review of the methodology, design and statistical analysis sections, as well as suggestions of form and structure in other sections (summary, Team, background, bibliography, hypotheses, objectives and material and methods).
In addition, it reviews research protocols and articles, particularly those related to methodology and statistical analysis, and responds to editors and reviewers of journals in all matters related to the statistical part of the work carried out by Team.
Research studies or statistical consultations.
In case of interest on the part of the researchers to request the service of methodological advice, it is necessary to carry out the following steps:
- Inform your manager in advance of the need for the service: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover the form.
- This form consists of the following parts:
- Contact details of Responsible researcher.
- Objective of the study.
- Hypotheses that are raised and to which we want to give an answer.
- Study variables involved in the problem to be solved.
- Details of what is requested.
- This form consists of the following parts:
- Send the form and Documentation considered appropriate (database, protocol, reference articles, etc.) to INiBICA's management staff, who will forward the request to the person in charge of managing the methodological advisory service.
- The methodological advisory service will contact Responsible researcher to initiate the work or to agree on an approximate time frame for the start and completion of the work.
- Throughout the development of the study, communication may be established between the researcher and Team of the methodological advisory service, in order to resolve doubts and determine the work to be carried out. INiBICA's management staff should always be in copy in all communications, in order to facilitate the follow-up and control of the work.
Standard deadlines for research work are set for responses (report delivery) 3-4 weeks from the request. These deadlines vary depending on INiBICA's priorities, number of previous requests and Projects active, and level of complexity and length of the work requested.
- Review of imminent calls for proposals, especially Projects of the Consejería de Salud de la Junta de Andalucía and Projects of ISCIII.
- Response to editors and/or reviewers of Publications scientific papers carried out by the methodological advisory service.
- Works that derive in Publications scientific and/or doctoral theses.
- Studies to be presented in communications at congresses.
Other types of requests should be assessed and prioritized according to the number of requests and Projects under execution.
For each call, INiBICA will inform researchers of the deadlines for telematic submission of their Projects. It will also indicate the deadlines for requesting the methodological and statistical review service.
For this, the researcher(s) must send the report in the format of each call. As complete as possible. The submission of the report later than the deadline will allow for a more exhaustive review of the report and a more detailed evaluation of the project to be presented. Likewise, it will allow receiving support to provide solutions to specific statistical needs, which may imply limitations to be solved.
The order of priority for review of reports will be that of the date of receipt of the application and Documentation.
All information and data provided to the methodological advisory service are subject to total confidentiality for an indefinite period of time, as defined in the current contract between INiBICA and the methodological advisory service.
Data protection regulations will be strictly followed. Therefore, any document or database containing sensitive data (patient names, etc.) will be removed and deleted immediately (email, attachments and copies). The investigator should resubmit the entire Documentation and database after deletion of such sensitive information.